The clumsy dance of the colours and patterns of life

Witness the clumsy dance of the colours and patterns of life, the sometimes-harmonic, sometimes-cacophonic combination of the silence and the noise all around, and the heroes and the helpless within.
Welcome to my little corner of The Mighty Interwebs, where it is not likely you will find anything profound (or even very interesting), but where you will find all manner of random. Life is a kaleidoscope of the weird and the wonderful, the awesome and the awful, the blessings and the bizarre, and the collision between them is what you just might stumble upon here if you stick around. Grab your favorite drink and come hang out with me if you dare.

Monday, May 9, 2011

When she plays, Molly smiles.

I met Molly the spring before I went to college, when I was 20. She joined my family while I lived in another town, and I only saw her for a few weekends before I moved to California for school. She was a beautiful blonde, full of life and happiness, and completely devoted to the people in her life. I didn't know her well, and didn't take the time to get to know her better, but that didn't mean she wasn't happy to see me when I'd come home. Molly's needs were simple - she just wanted to love and be loved. She trusted unquestioningly and never held grudges. She always appreciated any time or attention given to her. Though maybe not the smartest, she did not have a malicious bone in her body. She was loyal, and fiercely protective of those she loved. There were certain activities she loved more than anything, and the mere mention of them would set her quivering in excitement. The last several months of her life, she was plagued with cancer. It weakened her body, but her spirit was always the same Molly we, her family, had known all her life. In spite of her cancer slowly taking away her strength, she never lost her joie de vivre. She enriched lives by being part of them, bad habits and all. By the time she was in her last days, she was so weak, so tired. I think she left us as happily as could be expected. She had lived fully, and loved completely, and knew she was loved in return. Miss Molly was a good and faithful friend, and will always be remembered as such. Run free, Molly, until we meet again!
Miss Molly (April 13, 2001 - May 9, 2011)

Molly's smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment